The last thing anybody wants to do is pay for an expensive car repair. Fortunately, a lot of the expensive repairs are avoidable by simply making sure that your car is up-to-date on factory recommended maintenance and bringing it in when the check engine light comes on.
However, many people are way overdue on oil changes, wheel alignments, and choose to ignore the check engine light for far too long. By ignoring important check-ups, car owners dig their vehicles a grave by hoping if they ignore something, it will go away.
Noticing the Signs and Staying Ahead
Keep your car healthy and expensive car repairs at bay by doing the following:
- Get your car serviced according to the factory recommended maintenance schedule. This keeps the engine in good working order and prevents damage from its working parts.
- Hear funny sounds, rattling, clunking, or smell something strange? These are indicators that something is wrong and the car needs to be checked out by an experienced mechanic.
- Check fluid levels and top off when needed. Fluids to watch out for are: engine oil, washer, transmission, brake, power steering, radiator, battery, and air conditioner.
- Change out the engine and cabin air filters when it is too dirty.
- Inflate your tires to the correct PSI.
- Balance and rotate your tires.
- Get wheel alignments at the start of each season or whenever the steering wheel pulls to one side.
- Inspect for any leaks under your car on the ground.
- Don’t drive with your gas tank almost empty.
- Avoid accelerating or braking too quickly on a regular basis as it damages the transmission.
Maintenance and Worry-Free
These are simple and easy ways to make sure your car is running smoothly so you don’t have to worry about getting from A to B while extending the life of your vehicle.
Find Your Nearest AAMCO Center
"They really go out of their way when it comes to customer service..."
"...I will be taking my car here in the future." - Gloria, Google+, April 2013
Read More Testimonials »