Noise in the Transmission
Noise can indicate that transmission parts are hitting together abnormally, which should not happen in a normally-functioning transmission, and when clean transmission fluid is lubricating the moving parts. A transmission should make little noise when operating properly.
Your vehicle likely has a transmission (or clutch) problem if:
- There is buzzing or any other noise from the transmission.
- There is a clicking noise in transmission while in 4-wheel drive.
- There is a clunking from under the vehicle when you change gears.
The problem may be one of several possibilities:
- The transmission fluid is low, dirty, or incorrect.
- There is an internal problem in the transmission or transfer case.
- There are external controls or parts that need adjustment or replacement.
- Electrical components need adjustment or replacement.
- In an automatic transmission, the transmission computer may need replacement.
- Internal parts may be worn or damaged which may require a major repair.
Regardless of the cause, transmission problems require immediate attention. The longer they are allowed to continue, the more damage they may cause. Before your vehicle becomes inoperative, take your car to the experts at AAMCO for an External Diagnostic Service. Our certified transmission technicians will help get your vehicle back on the road as soon as possible.
Find Your Nearest AAMCO Center
"If there were more than 5 stars to give, they would have earned it."
"As a landscaping business, we rely on our vehicles for our business to prosper. The speed and quality of repairs, their knowledge and ability to diagnose rather than lead people on false claims, and the customer service have raised the bar to a new level."
Read More Testimonials »