Transmission Seems to be Slipping
If your transmission is slipping between gear changes, or if your clutch seems to be slipping, you might have a transmission problem. A transmission is designed to hold effortlessly in each gear at predetermined speeds. If it does not, the problem may be one of several possibilities:
- External controls need adjustment
- External controls need replacement
- Electrical components need adjustment or replacement
- In an automatic transmission, the transmission computer may need replacement
- Low fluid level or insufficient fluid pressure
- The clutch needs adjustment or replacement
- Internal parts may be worn or damaged which may require a major repair
Regardless of the cause, transmission problems require immediate attention. The longer they are allowed to continue, the more damage they may cause. Before your vehicle becomes inoperative, take your car to the experts at AAMCO for an External Diagnostic Service. Our certified transmission technicians will help get your vehicle back on the road as soon as possible.
Find Your Nearest AAMCO Center
"I recommend them to anybody..."
"I have been using Lee and his shop for about 8 years now and have never had a problem. They are courteous, professional, and affordable. They get the work done quickly and stick to the schedule which they tell you." -Jeremy, Google+, June 2013
Read More Testimonials »