Transmission Seems to be Slipping
If your transmission is slipping between gear changes, or if your clutch seems to be slipping, you might have a transmission problem. A transmission is designed to hold effortlessly in each gear at predetermined speeds. If it does not, the problem may be one of several possibilities:
- External controls need adjustment
- External controls need replacement
- Electrical components need adjustment or replacement
- In an automatic transmission, the transmission computer may need replacement
- Low fluid level or insufficient fluid pressure
- The clutch needs adjustment or replacement
- Internal parts may be worn or damaged which may require a major repair
Regardless of the cause, transmission problems require immediate attention. The longer they are allowed to continue, the more damage they may cause. Before your vehicle becomes inoperative, take your car to the experts at AAMCO for an External Diagnostic Service. Our certified transmission technicians will help get your vehicle back on the road as soon as possible.
Find Your Nearest AAMCO Center
"We love this place."
"We have been going to AAMCO in Fort Collins for 5 years. We have never had a problem and this is one of the only places left that doesn't charge to look at your car!" A Google User, Google+, 2011
Read More Testimonials »