Transmission Seems to be Slipping
If your transmission is slipping between gear changes, or if your clutch seems to be slipping, you might have a transmission problem. A transmission is designed to hold effortlessly in each gear at predetermined speeds. If it does not, the problem may be one of several possibilities:
- External controls need adjustment
- External controls need replacement
- Electrical components need adjustment or replacement
- In an automatic transmission, the transmission computer may need replacement
- Low fluid level or insufficient fluid pressure
- The clutch needs adjustment or replacement
- Internal parts may be worn or damaged which may require a major repair
Regardless of the cause, transmission problems require immediate attention. The longer they are allowed to continue, the more damage they may cause. Before your vehicle becomes inoperative, take your car to the experts at AAMCO for an External Diagnostic Service. Our certified transmission technicians will help get your vehicle back on the road as soon as possible.
Find Your Nearest AAMCO Center
"Highly recommend this business."
"Not only is the customer service polite, respectful, and extremely attentive, but the work on our car was excellent. Because they needed to keep our car, they gave us a free rental to use until our car was ready. Our Honda minivan drives with way more pick-up than it has in years. And it switches gears so smoothly." -Kelly, Google+, June 2013
Read More Testimonials »