Trouble Shifting Gears
Your vehicle likely has a transmission (or clutch) problem if:
- Your transmission is not going into, or staying in gear
- Shifting is difficult or delayed
- Your gears are grinding
- The clutch pedal on your manual transmission is not working properly
The problem may be one of several possibilities:
- External controls need adjustment
- External controls need replacement
- Electrical components need adjustment or replacement
- In an automatic transmission, the transmission computer may need replacement
- An internal, or major repair, may be necessary (if parts within the transmission have been damaged)
Regardless of the cause, transmission problems require immediate attention. The longer they are allowed to continue, the more damage they may cause. Before your vehicle becomes inoperative, take your car to the experts at AAMCO for an External Diagnostic Service. Our certified transmission technicians will help get your vehicle back on the road as soon as possible.
Find Your Nearest AAMCO Center
"If there were more than 5 stars to give, they would have earned it."
"As a landscaping business, we rely on our vehicles for our business to prosper. The speed and quality of repairs, their knowledge and ability to diagnose rather than lead people on false claims, and the customer service have raised the bar to a new level."
Read More Testimonials »